- Siblings fighting
- Picky eating
- Disrupted sleep
- Talking back
- Rude words
- etc, etc, etc......
- not wanting to smack
- not wanting to shame (you've seen that Bréne Brown TED talk!)
- not wanting to shout all the time
- not convinced about the Naughty Step
- not feeling completely comfortable with star charts and praising too much
- wanting to parent a bit differently to your parents
- You want to do what's best for your child's development
- You want to be a more gentle parent You want to more conscious of how you treat your child
- You want your child to grow up strong, independent, creative, confident, happy, sociable, self-directed, kind, etc, etc, etc
- You can PLAY
- You can LISTEN
- You can SET LIMITS LOVINGLY
- You can say NO in a NURTURING way
- You can help your children gain CONFIDENCE & build RESILIENCE
- You can enable them to RELEASE STRESS
- You can BUILD STRONG CONNECTIONS
- You can be RESPECTFUL
- You can CHANGE THE WORLD one child at a time!
Over 4 weeks you will:
- Find out more about your brain and why you lose it and do things you vowed you never would (and end up sounding just like your mum!)
- Discover simple techniques that can make the world of difference to those everyday challenging situations
- Become more confident in handling tantrums, tears, aggression and sadness
- Take away practical, tangible tactics that you can implement straight away
- Be supported by fellow parents who are also struggling and wanting a respectful, loving way to be with their kids
- And ideally become less stressed by everyday challenging situations (such as being photo bombed when trying to get a suitable photo for your site!)
Of COURSE we love our kids. And we love hanging out with them.. But there are times when their behaviour just DRIVES US UP THE WALL!!
There we are, doing the utmost best we can to see that they have a lovely day, nutritious food to eat, clean(ish) clothes to wear, fun activities to do, friends to play with, and ALL THEY CAN DO IS COMPLAIN! Or WHINE. Or LASH OUT. Or have a TANTRUM. Or just generally be ANNOYING and completely UNHELPFUL.
At times like those, it's really helpful to have practical things to remember and tangible strategies to implement. And that's what you'll get on this course.
I'll also show you incredibly helpful, very do-able, ways to reduce your frustration and irritation around those annoying things that your child will inevitably do.
Honestly, this information is life-changing. (It's changed mine and thousands of others around the world.)
- I know how hard it can be when your ideals don't match your reality - When you're wondering what on earth to do whilst your child is being difficult, uncooperative, aggressive and downright rude.
- I've experienced so much frustration, irritation and anger when simple tasks just take forever, if they happen at all.
- I've experienced sleep deprivation, embarrassing tantrums, mortifying meltdowns and difficulty in simply getting out of the house with some sanity intact.
- I know what it's like to juggle multiple children, work, household chores and desperately want to get away from it all - to not have any more responsibility, particularly for children who will NOT do what they're told!
- I’ve shouted, cried, wanted to give up and let someone else sort it all out
And I also know how amazing it is to:
- set limits in a beautiful, playful, respectful, loving, nurturing way (this was a COMPLETE REVELATION to me)
- feel confident in knowing exactly what to do when my child is lashing out, being unreasonable or having a meltdown
- be playful when previously I thought I 'should' be serious and stern
- see how play improves behaviour, brings more cooperation, reduces aggression and helps my children get along MUCH better
I'm incredibly grateful to have found a way that's loving, respectful, practical and effective.
Now I want to share it with YOU!
When I had my daughter 7.5 years ago I really thought I'd get this parenting-lark sorted. Surely it couldn't be THAT hard?!
And it wasn't particularly (I'm a baby person!). But when Emily was 8 months old, my blissful ignorant state was blown apart (I know, it sounds very dramatic) when I realised:
I didn't have a clue on how to set a limit
She was banging the wardrobe mirror doors with a wooden toy and I didn't know what I was supposed to do to make her stop.
- I tried distracting her and moving her away - but she moved straight back
- I tried talking with her, telling her that I didn't want her to do it - but she looked straight in my eyes and carried on banging
- I considered reasoning with her some more, but realised there is only so much an 8 month old baby is going to understand
- I even contemplated lightly tapping the back of her hand so that she would learn not to do it again - but it seemed a bit heavy handed for the situation, and I knew I didn't want to choose that strategy as part of my approach.
So, what was I to do?!
Along the way I also learned about MY emotions, needs and ways to support myself.
It truly has been a life-changing experience.
I loved the approach so much that I have since trained with Hand in Hand to become a Parenting by Connection Instructor, and Marion Rose to become an Aware Parenting Instructor.
I LOVE helping parents transform their parenting challenges. I run groups, give talks and consult one-on-one.
And I apply what I preach with my own children. I refine, adapt and learn along the way.
Originally from England, I now live in Sydney's Northern Beaches with my hubby, Evan, Emily (7), George (1), some chooks and will soon have another dog if my daughter gets her way!
Annoying to Amazing 4 week course is JUST $97.
You will receive:
Weekly videos where I will share great information and practical strategies you can implement straight away
Videos where I role-play and show you step-by-step how to set limits lovingly, how to say no, and what to do when your child has the biggest tantrum.
Worksheets for you to delve into what's really going on for you so that YOU can come up with solutions that's right for your family, based on the information I'm sharing with you
Invitations to our live weekly Webcast. This will be perfect opportunity to ask me any questions you have or for me to clarify aspects of the course.
Access to our exclusive private Facebook group - the PERFECT place to share exactly what's going on for you, seek ideas, chat with the other parents and myself, and support others
Lifetime access to all the course content, so you can come back to it any time you like. Perfect for as your children get older and new challenges arise.
Hand in Hand's 7 Listening to Children ebooklets:
- How Children's Emotions Work
- Special Time
- Tantrums & Indignation
- Healing Children's Fears
- Reaching For Your Angry Child
NOTE: This is a Special Introductory Price, but you MUST book before 9am Tuesday 29 March. The price will go up next time I run it......
If you'd like MORE support, I have 5 spots for one-on-one coaching:
Annoying to Amazing Exclusive Coaching Package for $227
You'll receive all the inclusions of the Annoying to Amazing course
BONUS - Hand in Hand Parenting's Listening to Children ebooklets.
2 x 1 hour coaching sessions with me by phone / FaceTime / Skype
Individual sessions with me are $80 each, so with this package you will SAVE $30!
What age children do you cover?
1 – 9 year olds.
When does it start & how long goes it go on for?
Tuesday 29 March 2016.
The course runs for 5 weeks but you can take as long as you like to actually do it
Will you show me how to use the techniques you recommend?
Yes! As much of this approach may be new to you, it’s hard to really grasp some concepts simply by reading about them.
So I have role-played key scenarios for you for things like setting limits, handing aggression, listening to tears, saying no in a nurturing way, being with your child during a tantrum.
I role play being the mum, whilst I have a fellow mum to act out being the child.
Do I get 1:1 access to you?
Yes, if you choose one of the 5 coaching packages available. We can have 2 x 1 hour sessions together.
Otherwise, not really, as this is a group course. But I’ll be in the Facebook group responding to posts, and we can interact in the weekly webcasts.
What training have you done to be able to teach this?
I have trained with Hand in Hand Parenting to become a Parenting by Connection Instructor and I receive ongoing support from them.
How experienced are you?
I discovered Aware Parenting when my eldest child was 10 months old in 2009 and have been following this approach since then.
My daughter is now 7.5 years old so I have been fully immersed in it for 6 years. I have also followed this approach with my son from birth.
I am a founding member of the Sydney Aware Parents Group which is 5 years old and I host groups at my house on a regular basis. I have been teaching for 2 years and I’ve also attended retreats and am part of the vibrant Aware Parenting / Parenting by Connection communities in Australia and internationally.
So, in summary, yes – I am very experienced in every-day parenting challenges.
Will you run it again in 2016?
Not sure. I have other courses in the pipeline, so will have to see how timings go and what I can fit in with my young family.
However, this is the ONLY time I’ll be offering it for the Special Introductory Price of $97.