WELCOME TO WEEK 1!
In this video I run through a potted history of how society has (negatively) viewed & treated children and then look how this approach is different and why.
#2 WHAT'S GOING ON & WHAT CHILDREN NEED
- what's going on in our brains that causes us and our children to react the ways we do
- what children really need when they are upset and acting out
- consistency: is it necessary?
- do we need to be playful all the time?
#3 SPECIAL TIME
- What is Special Time
- How to do it
- Why it's so effective
#4 POWER REVERSAL & CONTINGENCY GAMES
- What are Power Reversal games and why they are so effective
- What are Contingency Games and why they are so effective
- Examples of some games in action (with my 7 year old daughter, hubby and 1 year old son)
#5 HELPING CHILDREN WITH FEARS
I run through ways to help children deal with fears around things such as:
- medical procedures
- scary monsters
- physical challenges such as heights
#6 SEPARATION ANXIETY
Games and play you can use to help your child separate from you
#7 RUDE WORDS, NAME CALLING, IGNORING US
#8 BEDTIME, POTTY TRAINING & NEW SIBLING
Games and play to reduce bedtime struggles, help with potty training and reduce jealousy over a new sibling.
#9 HEALING PLAY FOR OUR KIDS & OURSELVES
Play heals past hurts and current frustrations
In order to be with our children in a more playful way we need to understand and address our own underlying beliefs and fears.
This week we start off by looking at what's really annoying us, how we feel about play, and what happened with play in our own childhoods.
Open or download the worksheet and then play the video so that we can go through the questions together.
WEEK 1 WEBINAR
Recording of this week's webinar
(I needed to edit it as the first 10 minutes are me talking to myself whilst waiting for people to come online!)